As we move closer to the 100th anniversary of radio in Australia - and the ABC grapples with declining audiences nation-wide, including at youth station, triple j - we were keen to find out what radio programs are remaining strong.
We asked in our May email newsletter for you all to tell us what radio programs you could not live without. And we got a very enthusiastic response!
In fact, we got more than 2,000 votes for hundreds of shows.
Voting was, ultimately, very tight with your top 5 shows:
- Conversations with Richard Fidler and Sarah Kanowski (10.6%)
- Late Night Live with Philip Adams (9.6%)
- RN Breakfast with Patricia Karvelas (8.3%)
- The good old news! (7.2%)
- Mornings shows on your local ABC (4.75%)
Information from our poll will be made available to ABC management, which has reportedly set up internal and external processes to determine what can be done to stop the continuing decline of its share of capital city radio audiences – particularly during breakfast programs.
Do you like this page?