Please note - information on this page is out of date - it is currently being revised
Write to your local member, Ministers, ABC Board and Management
Contact details are at the bottom of the page
For information about writing to newspapers, click here.
In your own words, let politicians know:
- Your appreciation of what the ABC brings to your life—through television, radio and online—is passionate.
- Your belief that the ABC belongs to the people of Australia; that it must be well-resourced to be an independent, comprehensive and innovative broadcaster; and that it must maintain its high standard of news, current affairs, and quality Australian drama.
- Your commitment to the principle that independence can only be guaranteed if the ABC is fully funded by government.
- Your conviction, that ABC independence must not be compromised by government intervention or risked through advertising, sponsorship or commercial deals.
- Your understanding that the ABC is still seriously underfunded.
Include some or all of the following points;
- According to surveys done over the last six years, 80% of Australians trust the ABC above all other media.
- Funding for the ABC has halved over the last thirty years. What was 8 cents per day for each Australian has now dropped to 4 cents a day.
- The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA), which examines complaints about television and radio content, conducted some 200 ABC investigations between the years 2012 and 2017. In all those investigations it found only breach of impartiality and none of accuracy.
- Some Liberal Party members and commercial media owners want to privatise the ABC. These people do not understand the importance In a democracy of an independent public broadcaster which plays a vital role in courageous and accurate reporting.
- No other media organisation covers issues in depth, in science, religion, education, philosophy, the arts, and rural and regional matters, and so much more.
Members of the ABC Board can be contacted using the following details:
Find your Parliamentary Representative
Identify & contact your local member and Senators
Enter your postcode in the keyword search box on this page
The results will give their email address and a link to a page with their street address.
Australian Electoral Commission (AEC)
Do you like this page?